If you want to take advantage of special characters, delete entire lines of text, use only capital leters, or other functions it's important that you learn how to do each of those with ease using device shortcut keys. Below is a list of several popular options I use on a regular basis.
- Insert special character: Press ALT + Spacebar
- Highlight text: Press Shift and roll Trackball
- Turn on all caps: Press Shift Twice
- Delete entire line of text: Press ALT + Delete
- Move cursor to end or beginning of text: Press Alt while scrolling Trackball
- Insert a Tab space: Press Alt + Q